About the Team
As Business Analysts, it’s on us to dive into data and derive insights from it. These then become actionable solutions in the form of changes, improvements, upgrades and new features. As a Business Analyst at Meesho, you will play a crucial role in identifying, improving, and developing technology solutions that drive strategic goals. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm and across teams. We work at the intersection of business and technology, continuously developing our leadership, management and communication skills in the process.
The exact team you will be working with will be decided during or after the hiring process. Regardless, you are sure to learn and grow – and have fun doing so too. Each of our teams at Meesho has its own fun rituals from casual catch ups to bar hopping, movies nights, and games. So, join us!
About the Role
As a Business Analyst, you will work on improving the reporting tools, methods, and processes of the team you are assigned to. You will also create and deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics critical for tracking and managing the business. You will manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritising them when necessary.
You will actively engage with internal partners throughout the organisation to meet and exceed customer service levels and transport-related KPIs. You will brainstorm simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, and seamlessly manage projects under your purview. You will maintain excellent relationships with our users – and in fact, advocate for them – while keeping in mind the business goals of your team.
What you will do
- Create various algorithms for optimising demand and supply data
- Conduct analysis and solution-building based on insights captured from data
- Give insights to management and help in strategic planning
- Analyse metrics, key indicators and other available data sources to discover root causes of process defects
- Support business development and help to create efficient designs and solution processes
- Determine efficient utilisation of resources
- Research and implement cost reduction opportunities
What you will need
- B.Tech/M.Tech/MBA degree in any discipline
- 1+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel and Advanced SQL (must-have) – Python is a plus
- Understanding of basic statistics and probability concept
- Proven problem-solving skills
Meesho is India’s fastest growing e-commerce company. We started in 2015 with the idea of helping mom & pop stores to sell online. Today, 5% of Indian households shop with us on any given day 😎. We’ve helped over 15 million individual entrepreneurs start online businesses with zero investment. We’re democratising internet commerce by offering a 0% commission model for sellers on our platform — a first for India. We aim to become the e-commerce destination for Bharat. How? Find out from our blogs!
We’re currently valued at $4.9 billion with marquee investors supporting our vision. Some of them include Sequoia Capital, Softbank, Fidelity, Prosus Ventures, Facebook and Elevation Capital. We were also featured in Y Combinator’s 2021 Top Companies List, and were the only Indian startup to make it to Fast Company’s The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2020. We ranked 6th in Linkedin’s Top Startups List 2021. Our strongest asset is our people. We have gender-neutral and inclusive policies to promote our people-first culture. Please check out meesho. careers for our openings.
Democratise internet commerce for everyone
Har Indian ka Apna Market